I have filled out your regsitration form and it tells me it will send a confirmation email. That email never shows up in my inbox. What is wrong?
The system generates the email every time, however roughly 10% of them are falsely identified as SPAM. Check your spam folders to see if the confirmation message is sitting in your spam folder. Some systems allow you to see what has been identified as SPAM or JUNKMAIL while others simply throw it away. If you don't still don't have it try this:
- Try an alternate email address
- Contact your email provider and ask them to whitelist the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up a Hotmail or Gmail account and register using that.
I've successfully registered and when I go to Bowsite.com to visit it tells me I'm not registered.
What's wrong with your system?
This is typically due to the way your individual
PC handles cookies. Cookies are small text files
which are placed in your browser by our servers. There are many reasons why
you may not be retaining your cookie files which are explained below:
Reasons for not retaining cookies/registration
- You have cookies disabled or turned off
- You are manually deleting your cookie files
- You are running a program which automatically deletes cookie files (Security, anti-virus programs, etc.)
- You are visiting from a different machine than the one you registered
- You are cleaning out your "temporary Internet files" which is
deleting your cookies
I found out that my anti-virus program is deleting my cookies. But isn't
it dangerous to turn off my anti-virus program?
Yes, and we don't recommend it. However there should be a configuration setting
which allows you to continue safeguarding your PC from virus' without wiping
out your cookies. Some security programs allow you to identify sites that are SAFE, add Bowsite.com to that list. Check the manual or call technical support for your program.
Isn't there another way to personalize without using cookies?
Not without some intervention, but we now have a PIN code feature which can
be used on our conferences. You will need to enter your pin number at the
beginning of each session and it should be retained for the duration of that
session. If you forget your pin it can be e-mail'd back to you by filling
out a simple form located here.
Do you provide support for registration issues?
Unfortunately no, we would have no way of knowing the endless configurations
available for the thousands of users that visit us each day. My suggestion
is to contact a Technical support person or call a local service technician
for assistance on your PC.